Places, Food and Product Reviews

Pixi Glow Tonic Review

Walang komento
This has raved in Sephora, it has more than 1000 reviews! So many people claiming that it cured their acne, lightened their acne marks, and changed the texture of their skin. Since my skin was clearing up, I wanted to target my acne marks. Indeed this was on the pricey side, but I have tried doing Glycolic Acid treatments in clinics and my gosh, it was worth 1700 per session. Indeed for a toner, this was still on the pricey side, but this was really cheaper than a derma session. But of course, there was the risk of burning your face since this was an acid.

kimbasconcillo.blogspot.com

Price 

390 for 15ml/  1050 for 100ml/ 1950 for 250ml (beautymnl, always sold out)
407 for 15ml/  995 for 100ml/ 1990 for 250ml (sephora)
750.00 for 100ml (shopee)

Can be bought in BeautyMNL, Shopee, Sephora, etc.

Main ingredients

Water/Aqua/Eau, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf Extract, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Hexylene Glycol, Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Urea, Dextrin, Alanine, Glutamic Acid, Aspartic Acid, Hexyl Nicotinate, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA, Biotin, Panthenol, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Caramel, Red 4 (CI 14700). 250ml/ 8.5 fl. oz.

Claims

• Exfoliates and purifies the skin with Glycolic Acid
• Ginseng improves circulation and energizes
• Aloe vera soothes and hydrates
• Refines the appearance of pores
• Gently accelerates cell renewal to reveal a brighter, glowing complexion
• Balances heals and soothes for radiant, healthier-looking skin
• Alcohol-free
• Suitable for all skin types
• Not tested on animals

How to use

It depends on your skin on how well you can tolerate this. 
Ideally, since this is an exfoliant you should use this 1-2x a week. 
But a lot of people have been saying that this is mild enough to be used every day,
if that's the case you should build up the frequency to test the waters.

According to Pixibeauty.com:

• Use: Either in the AM and PM or when needed. 
• Step 1: Cleanse your face 
• Step 2: Saturate a cotton pad with the Glow Tonic™ and sweep across face, neck, and décolletage (avoiding eye area). 
• Step 3: Follow with a serum or moisturizer

Time used

1 month, once a day

Likes 
  • Lightened acne marks in a matter of weeks
  • Gave skin a smoother texture
  • Less cystic acne experienced
  •  Alcohol-free

Dislikes
  • Caused purging for 3 weeks
  • Caused little bumps on 4th week
  • Face felt oilier
  • Expensive for a toner
  • Fragrant, not good for sensitive skin

Rate

3/5

I really could see that I was purging as small pimples would appear and disappear the next day, this went on for 3 weeks. Cystic acne was less. And acne marks lightened in a matter of 2 weeks! Although my face felt oilier I wanted to endure it, believing that this would be a good product in the long run. Unfortunately, when the 4th week came I was experiencing so many little bumps on my face. And for sure this was the culprit since this was the only thing new in my regimen. I already gave it my 4 weeks and I didn't want to continue it any longer since clearly, it was causing irritation. After discontinuing this product the small bumps went away, and everything came back to normal. 

So here are my thoughts about this product. I hope I helped you with my reviews.
Leave comments below on any random stuff and what you want me to review. Thanks!

Walang komento :

Mag-post ng isang Komento